BUILT IN 1919
This one-story brick building operated continuously as a laundry facility from 1920 to 2018. In early days, the laundry building also served the residents of Coronado, with a fleet of five laundry trucks delivering across the island and down the strand, until about 1940.
COMPLETED JULY 2019
The brick façade of the Laundry building has been restored along with interior renovations and structural upgrades. The original laundry conveyance system remains as a tribute to its working history.
The Laundry building will serve as temporary administrative space during renovations of the Power Plant and The Oxford building. Upon completion of the Master Plan, The Laundry building will have a future use as a guest-serving space, potentially an event venue.