BUILT IN 1889
This masonry structure to the south of power plant once served as the ice-making center for the entire island. Both guests and residents were struck by the ice’s excellent taste as The Del used the De Coppet System, cutting-edge technology at the time, to manufacture this delicious ice.
The Ice House will be completely restored and renovated to make room for a long-awaited Hotel del Coronado Museum. The museum will also include a Legacy Court with reclaimed bricks from original 1910 Industrial Buildings.
As part of the Legacy Brick Program, friends of The Del can commemorate a family, special occasion or the memory of a loved one with a customized brick.
The Ice House Museum will feature permanent exhibits and rotating displays highlighting The Del’s heritage. It will also be the meeting place for the resort’s tours.
The Legacy Court, located outside the Ice House Museum, will host intimate cocktail parties and receptions.